18 May 2016

Profound words...

that popped up during my meditation reading: "Human trafficking is what happened to you. It's not who you are."

Substitute 'human trafficking' for anything - any action or words, too - that may have happened to make you feel insecure, scared, unsure, weighed down, deeply sad, anxious....something so unfair that happened to you to make you feel like this was the end of your road, that there is nothing more in life, that your life has been and is, in your eyes, futile, and that you don't see any change happening to make your life easier or more peaceful, or dare we say, happier...

Repeat - This is something that is happening TO me. It's not who I am. It's not who I believe I am, and it's not who I know myself to be. Then, force your mind back to one happy memory (or more) - stick to it and with it. You'll see that slowly, maybe, but surely, you will get back your centre of gravity and your focus...

Caution: the first set of feelings will not get displaced easily. In fact, they will keep trying to seep into your consciousness and into your heart. So, keep repeating the other set of words and they will finally totally displace what is hurtful and ruinous.

The good thing is that you feel strong....and get stronger...