13 May 2016

Continuing with the topic of aging...

Got some deadly advice from my DD yesterday. At 65, she said I should be caring a rat's ass about a lot of hitherto considered 'serious' issues and concentrating on being a total badass....

The rider is that I must first clean out the clutter in my head. Thich Nhat Hanh says: People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar. True. Debris from past hurts, words that put me down and raise the ugly head of insecurity, unanswered questions, doubts that have built up into fears, unsureness, due to my age, leading to regressive thoughts, thoughts that break me down, and modes of thinking that don't let me go on ahead or hold me back from trying to fight my fears and insecurities, conflicting, suffering-producing thoughts that end up pulling me down......all these have to go...have to be cleaned out.

Fantastically releasing..........and I intend to start cleaning up right now.....

(Secret: Not sure how it works, but I am definitely determined to learn. Starting with the delicious dream of becoming a total badass, I resolve to work towards making the dream a reality!!!!!! Now there's something to look forward to, right?!)

So, cheers to badasses and those on the way to becoming badasses!