27 April 2016

I was brought up...

not to see the dark side of things. My Dad shielded me from everything that could, remotely even, be hurtful. Unrealistic! My Mum always said my Dad was setting me up for trouble later in life. Prophetic words came true.

I've struggled to understand why. My DD has stood by me through it all. She still does....

Recently I came across this from Neil Gaiman and the veil of un-understanding lifted...

He says: If you are protected from dark things then you have no protection of, knowledge of, or understanding of dark things when they show up.

While dealing with this, I also came across these wonderful words of comfort. Strength-giving words....

It is when life bends us to its will and we don’t break that we learn what we are made of.

What grants life its beauty and magic is not the absence of terror and tumult but the grace and elegance with which we navigate the gauntlet.