06 February 2016

A very dear friend passes on...

Mrs Sunita Salvi

A beautiful person - a truly, truly beautiful person.

I first met Mrs Salvi when she and her husband, a beautiful person too, brought their darling daughter, Saloni, for music lessons with me. Saloni was all of 5 or 6 years old and through the years till she became a teen, and we left Oman, she came to my home every Wednesday evening for her music lesson. Mrs Salvi would often come to pick her up and many, many a Wednesday did we chat while Saloni went down to her Dad waiting in the parking lot. Mrs Salvi left us a few days back. I cannot seem to assimilate this in my heart. It just seems not true and I would not have believed it if Saloni had not sent me a note on FB.

The Salvis are a very loving family and Mrs Salvi was the center of the family. Beautifully turned out always, she was extremely poised and graceful. Soft-spoken and gentle, Mrs Salvi was a tower of strength to her family and to those who knew her. She was deeply appreciative of those around her and in those long talks after Saloni's lesson, we covered a range of topics....Often, after she would go down to join her family, I wouldn't be able to remember what we talked about, but I would always recall the gentleness of her presence.

My DD was very much a part of their lives because Mrs Salvi would hold her up as a role model for Saloni. They were the first people who got my DD's school-leaving examination result and sent it to us. When my son-in-law was transferred to Muscat, the Salvis welcomed him into their home and family.

The three of them have always had a part of my heart...and always will.

I shall miss Mrs Salvi unbelievably.

Days begin and end
Light waxes and wanes
Relationships can go from warm to cold
Life has untold ups and downs

Only death is a constant...